Get Android O 8.0 Oreo On Xiaomi Redmi Note 3: Android O is the latest iteration from Google. As of now, Android O is available only on Google Pixel and Nexus phones. Some developers of Redmi Note 3 have developed a MOD zip file. This MOD zip file is flashable and based on Android O 8.0 Oreo. It means you can experience the Android O Features on Redmi Note 3. Follow my simple tweaks and enjoy Android O on your Redmi Note 3.
Table of Contents
- Unlocked Bootloader: It is very important to unlock the bootloader to install or flash any zip file.
- TWRP Custom Recovery: This is the only means to flash zip files on Redmi Note 3.
What’s New in Android O Redmi Note 3
- Android O UI
- Animated Android O Navbar
- Adaptive to Colors Navbar
- Android O Emojis
- Night Light Quick Tile
- Android O Emoji
- Audio based on Android O
- Android O Bootanimation
Also Check: TOR for Android
Steps To Update Redmi Note 3 To Android O 8.0 Oreo
- Very first step is to install Lineage OS 14.1 on Redmi Note 3. Download the zip file from the downloads section of this page. Boot Redmi Note 3 into TWRP recovery mode. Wipe data, dalvik, and cache. Now install lineage OS on Redmi Note 3.
Note: This method will work only on Lineage OS. If you try this method on any other Android, you will end up bricking your phone.
- Similarly, flash the G Apps on your phone.
- Now flash the Android O Modded Zip file on your Redmi Note 3.
- After flashing all the Zips, restart your Android.
- Enjoy using Android O Features on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
Also Check: How to install MIUI 9 on any Xiaomi Phone
G-Apps (Arm 64, Android 7.1, Pico)
Also See: PS3 Emulator Android
It will take a very long time to get official Android O Update on Redmi Note 3. If you are like me who cannot wait then go ahead and install Android O Modded file on your Redmi Note 3.